I'm delighted to be on this journey to health with you. It's been six and a half years since I shed my unwanted pounds ... I still struggle but I get better everyday at deciphering the clues to my own needs and health. I get better at recognizing the differences between hunger and fatigue, requirements and desire.
I admire your determination and recognize the demanding environments we all live in. Food, good and bad, is everywhere. Billboards, fast food joints, candy stands, and soda coolers are in abundance. Friends and families are opinionated, pushy, and generous with their offerings and ideas. It's hard to find the target and stay the course ... this is why we do this together!!!
Have a great week, call often, and continue to take real good care of yourself! Polly
Grilled Balsamic Marinated Chicken
* 18 oz raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts - should yield 12 oz cooked (2 Lean)
* 1 teaspoon dried basil (1 Condiment)
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 Condiment)
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (0.5 Condiment)
* 1/4 teaspoon salt (1 Condiment)
* 1/4 cup Newman's Own Lighten Up Balsamic Vinaigrette (2 Healthy Fats)
Rinse and dry chicken. Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Pour marinade over chicken in large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Discard marinade. Grill chicken until cooked.
2 servings with 1 Lean, 1.75 Condiments and 1 Healthy Fat per serving