This week's Check-In Note!
How will you tweak habits and sharpen focus to make next week even better?
How will you celebrate your successes???
I have and evening "Munchie Monster" ... how about you?
Here's what I do when I struggle:
- Immediately grab a glass of water and piece of celery
- Be prepared!! I have celery cut up and ready to grab - putting it in my mouth gives me the few minutes I need to calm the craving, clear my thinking and sharpen my resolve to win the battle!
- Recognize habits, needs, behaviors, and triggers and make a plan
- Write my goal for the following day's weight on a big piece of paper and tape to my fridge after dinner. I take it down when I go off to bed so I'll have the opportunity to write it big and bold the next evening if needed.
- I take 3 deep breaths and remember what Dr A says: Stop, Challenge, Choose!
- I get out of the kitchen or away from the buffet table as quickly as I can - sometimes, grabbing a favorite book and reading for a few minutes will sooth my mind and allow me to refocus and deflate the Munchie Monster with ease.
This week: Celebrate the small changes - changes in habits in appearance and in how you feel. Hears a few comments I've heard recently:
I'm not so short of breath!
I'm sleeping so much better.
My mind is clear.
I have so much more energy!!
I have hope!
Congratulations on all of your efforts - for every time you fall down and get back up!!!
Check in often and Thanks for the referrals!
Health Coach Resource provides health and wellness coaching for individuals, families, and employee groups. We guide clients through our medically directed program of rapid weight loss, transition, and maintenance. We also offer training for qualified individuals who are seeking health coaching jobs and careers. Health Coach training and certification lights up our lives as it lightens the burden of hopelessness and disease caused by poor habits and obesity in America. Click Here to learn more.
Call 503-313-4820 or E-mail me today ... just put, "I'm Ready!" in the subject line! Polly@HealthCoachResource.com.